Emotions and Feelings
I’ve watched this video quite a few times. I’ve felt like this young girl felt before, just numb, and simply not having any emotions and feelings at all. I think in the middle of it, I believe she was praying when she was saying “I’m ready to change, I forgive myself.” I believe that the Lord was speaking to her heart in leading her to spread this joy onto others, and just not keep it to herself, once she found it again. Plus she was so sick of feeling this way.
I think the reason why we begin to feel numb is due to a circumstance in our lives and eventually just begin to get to that stuck point, and it’s hard to get out of. Then one thing leads to another. Pretty soon, the things that used to bring us joy, and comfortable in our stuck point in life. There is nothing wrong with having emotions and feelings, but it’s all in how we end up controlling them. Are they controlling us, or are we controlling them by putting up a stop sign in our heads about what we’re thinking about?doesn’t anymore. We get too
I’m sure we’ve all heard the saying, “emotions are temporary.” Yes, that’s true, however, if we don’t learn to take control of our thought life, it can be dangerous. I believe that’s why there are so much crime and bad things that go on these days. Because everything begins with one single thought. Good or bad.
In the past when something has happened, I’ve felt like, this feeling is going to last forever. In reality, it won’t. It just feels like that Last night I was in church and I heard someone say this to somebody else: “Immerse in God’s Word, and let His promises replace your thoughts.” The moment, I heard that I had to write it down. But no, I didn’t listen anymore! I want to add to that statement a little bit, let His promises replace your thoughts, and as you do, your heart and state of mind will begin to feel better.
10 Tips on controlling your mind
- Let the Word, rule your heart and mind.
- Praise the Lord, when you don’t feel like it. “Praise Jesus.”
- Watch what you’re saying and thinking.
- Keep a diary of your emotions and feelings.
- Don’t stop praying or believing that God will deliver.
- Don’t keep everything inside. Talk or pray with a trusted friend.
- Put up a stop sign every time a negative thought comes to your mind, and replace it with scripture.
- Have a daily scripture at the beginning of each morning.
- Have a delete trash can in your mind, as soon as you think something that’s not supposed to belong.
- Get out and help others in need, to get your mind off yourself.
Philippians 4:8 And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise.
Lord, we praise and thank your name for everything that you do in our lives. Thank you for providing and protecting our every need. May you help us in our thought life, and our emotions and feelings. Help us to hand them over to you, and trust you completely. We give you all the Glory, Honor, and the Praise. In Jesus’ name, Amen.