Let Go by Sheila Walsh
I’ve been trying my best to read more often, and the book I’m reading now is Let Go by Sheila Walsh. It’s been teaching me some tips and encouraging words from scripture, that I’d like to share with you all.
- I can take God at His Word and let go.
- Christ died to make us right with God.
- His love will give you the courage to leave the cocoon behind and fly.
- God’s love for us isn’t based on our behavior. It’s based on His heart and His character. That’s grace.
- To have my hands free to receive grace, I have to be willing to remove whatever I am clinging to.
- God’s grace is fresh every single day, which means you don’t need to rely on what was available yesterday.
- Do you believe- not just in your head, but deep in your soul that God loves you as you are right now? Explain your feelings.
- Human hearts are not rule-snapped, and when others try to squeeze us into their version of acceptability, it always wounds.
- We all long to be known, but because we fear others reactions we have learned to guard ourselves.
- It’s so easy to take the word of the law and miss the heart.
- It’s in the mental battle that is as powerful as any fought in trenches or tanks.
- What do you do in those moments of negativity? Do you give into the past, or do you use the past to understand your future in Christ?
- Dwelling on the past does nothing, but learning from it and letting go does.
- Pain reminds us why Christ died. It reminds us to bring our wounds to the wounded healer so He can make us better.
- We have to make peace with what was or is to be able to let go and move on.
- We can make peace with the truth of the past. We can learn from the past. But Christ calls us to be free to live today and tomorrow with passion.
Which one of these points hit home with you the most? I’d say for me it’s making peace with my past and moving on. Even though some things she asked with negativity hit the nail on the head as well. So what do we do? Give them to Christ. That’s all we can do.
I want to leave you with Isaiah 43:18 Forget about what happened. Don’t keep going over old history. Be alert and present. (Message)
May the Lord bless and keep you in His perfect will,