Armor of God
Gives Us Strength
You are on Holy Ground right now! God created everything on earth and so that makes everything Holy. He has a plan which includes you and all of the Earth. But, where does our strength come from to cooperate with this plan of His? In the last video we saw that we need to fully submit to draw on His strength. This one talks about the Armor of God.
10 A final word: Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on all of God’s armor so that you will be able to stand firm against all strategies of the devil. 12 For we[d] are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places.
13 Therefore, put on every piece of God’s armor so you will be able to resist the enemy in the time of evil. Then after the battle you will still be standing firm. 14 Stand your ground, putting on the belt of truth and the body armor of God’s righteousness. 15 For shoes, put on the peace that comes from the Good News so that you will be fully prepared.[e] 16 In addition to all of these, hold up the shield of faith to stop the fiery arrows of the devil.[f] 17 Put on salvation as your helmet, and take the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.
We need to be prepared for the battle that can only be won with Jesus’ power. So, how do we exactly put on this Armor of God? Well, I found some great tips in the article “30 Practical Strategies to Put on the Full Armor of God.”
Here are 30 practical strategies to put on the full armor of God:
- Start the day in the Word and in prayer asking God for His help and strength throughout the day.
- Memorize Scripture to keep your sword sharp.
- Saturate yourself in the Bible: God’s Word is truth that fights against the father of lies.
- Analyze activities/thoughts in your life that increase your faith, and include those activities in your life whenever you can.
- Analyze activities/thoughts that harm your faith, and avoid them whenever you can.
- Sing Psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs and thus let the truth and Word of Christ dwell in you richly.
- Ask God to fight for you and help you be “strong in the Lord…”
- Preach the Gospel to yourself daily.
- Preach the Gospel to others whenever God gives you the opportunity.
- Pray at all times in the Holy Spirit.
- Ask the Holy Spirit for help in putting on the armor and using the Sword of the Spirit.
- Analyze the schemes of the enemy and how, when, and where he has attacked in the past.
- Anticipate the flaming arrows of the enemy, and practice using your sword (the Bible) to fight them.
- Be always watchful and vigilant. You can’t get comfortable; you are always on duty in the Christian life. Your armor doesn’t naturally stay on if you aren’t continually .
- Regularly thank God for the salvation and victory provided to you in Christ.
- Meditate on the grace of Christ, which teaches us to live righteously (Titus 2:11-12).
- Take joy in the triumph of God over Satan that is promised to believers.
- Meditate on the future glory that you will share with Christ.
- Use Scripture in evangelism to penetrate the darkness in which the lost live.
- Consistently remind yourself of your lack of strength and need to cast yourself on God’s strength.
- Speak God’s Word to other believers for their encouragement and strength.
- Have consistent fellowship with other believers to encourage one another in the fight.
- Cultivate close accountability relationships where you are able to fight alongside friends in the battle.
- Pray for all the saints and ministers to stand firm in the battle against the enemy.
- Pray that the proclamation of the Gospel by saints would be clear, bold, and reach many unbelievers with the good news of Jesus Christ.
- Remember that people are not your enemy, but rather “the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places” (Ephesians 6:12).
- Remember past victories against sin and the enemy. Use them as a reminder to the power of God and your ability to stand firm in the faith.
- Ask God to develop in you a deeper desire to be strong in Him at all times and to help you be consistent in protecting yourself to stand firm.
- Brainstorm the lies you have believed about a certain issue and write them on a sheet of paper in one column. In the next column, write the corresponding biblical truth. Meditate on this truth and practice fighting off lies you will encounter.
- Remind yourself that the power of the Holy Spirit is greater than the power of sin and ask the Spirit to control your life.
If you have any other ideas on how to put on this armor of God we would love to hear them. Please add them in the comments you will find as you scroll far down the page, or join our life group to discuss them with others.
|Seekers of Biblical Truth Closed group · 18 members Join Group Please join us as we seek Biblical truth for our experiences in life.|